Hey Guys, Siddharth here,
Are you bored from your phone’s old look and old android version, no official update from the company, less internal memory. Then, you are at the right place. Today I’m gonna show you “How to Install a Custom ROM (Cyanogenmod, Jaggy ROM, Explode ROM, etc) on HTC Explorer + Increase Internal Memory”.
Now, what does that mean?
It means you will be able to Update your Explorer’s Android Version to the latest version (ICS-4.0.4, JB-4.2.2…) and you will be able to Increase the Internal Memory and install as many apps and games as you want.
So, let’s not waste any time and Start…
Note: If u were unable to increase your phone’s internal memory by following the steps of our earlier post “How to Increase Internal memory of HTC Explorer” then try this one. Remove the older partition you created and merge with the main partition so that there is only one partition like it was before. Then follow the steps give below:
- micro SD Card of class 4 or higher
- Your phone should already be rooted
- Backup your apps and data via any 3rd party app (like Titanium Backup)
- Download the ROM you want to Install (For eg: I am using Explode ROM)
You need to flash (install zip from SD) GAPPS with the ROMs given below:
Jelly Bean 4.2.x
Jelly Bean 4.1.x
Partitioning your SD Card:
- First of all you need to partition your SD Card
- Switch off your phone, remove the battery, insert it again
- Now boot your phone by pressing the Power button and the Volume Down key simultaneously.
- Select Recovery from the menu using the Volume Up/Down keys and Selecting by using the Power Button
- Go to Advanced in the CWM Recovery
- Now Select Partition SD Card
- Select Ext Size (size you want for your internal memory). I am selecting 1024 MB
- Select Swap Size as 0
- And Done, You have successfully partitioned your SD Card.
Installing Custom ROM:
- Now after partitioning, go back to recovery
- Connect your phone to PC via USB Cable
- In the recovery, go to Mounts and Storage and then select Mount USB Storage
- Then transfer the ROM you downloaded to the SD Card
- After transferring the ROM, select unmount and remove the USB Cable
- Now Wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache (in advanced)
- Now go back to recovery and select install zip from SD Card, choose zip from SD Card, then Select you ROM
- Now follow the steps of Installing your ROM as written in the ROM Instructions
- Reboot your phone now. As this is the first boot after installing the ROM so the phone will take about 10-15 mins to boot, so don’t worry, be patient and don’t panic at all.
- TADA The ROM is now installed.
Increasing the Internal Memory:
- Now Go to the PLAY STORE and update the Android Terminal Emulator
- After updating type the following commands in the Terminal Emulator
su (press enter)(pop up of superuser will be there —>Allow it)
m2sd mount enable(enter)
m2sd data disable(enter)
m2sd apps disable(enter)
m2sd dalvik disable(enter)
m2sd data enable(enter)
NOTE: If you have installed Cyanogenmod or any other ROM and are unable to increase the Internal Memory from the Above Method (error appearing m2SD not found or something like that) then follow the steps Below:
- Download S2E (simple2ext) from Play Store
- Then open it and go to settings
- After that Tick the first 2 options in settings
- Then Reboot
- After rebooting open S2E again
- This time there will be some options which will appear on your screen
- Tick all the options
- Finally Reboot for the Last time.
- Hurray!! You have Increased your Phone’s Internal Memory
Watch both the videos by me on How to Install a Custom ROM on HTC Explorer + Increase Internal Memory:
If everything is done correctly, then you will have a Good Looking, Powerful, Fast HTC Explorer.
Enjoy with your phone and Have Fun